Re: [css3-2d-transforms] New WIP CSS 2D Transforms tests

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 15:23:07 +1300
To: Aryeh Gregor <ayg@aryeh.name>
Cc: www-style@w3.org, "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>, Jet Villegas <jet@mozilla.com>
On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 9:40 AM, Aryeh Gregor <ayg@aryeh.name> wrote:

> For instance, to test various values for transform, I wrote a function
> that's called like
>    testTransform("scale(3)", 3, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0);
> which sets style="transform: scale(3)" on a square div, then computes
> where the four corners should be by applying the matrix [3, 0, 0, 1,
> 0, 0] to the initial four corners, then checks that
> getBoundingClientRect() returns the right values, as well as checking
> getComputedStyle().

Currently CSSOM Views doesn't say whether getBoundingClientRect should
include the effect of transforms, so technically you're depending on
unspecified behavior. Gecko only very recently changed to match IE and
Webkit by including the effect of transforms. Whoever's editing CSSOM Views
should fix this by tightening that spec. Maybe it has no editor and you
should do that :-).

Rob
--
"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not
in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us