Re: % is not a valid unit for border-width

From: Ambrose LI <ambrose.li@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 15:22:29 -0500
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: mail@matthewwilcox.com, www-style@w3.org
2012/1/5 Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>:

> Can you show an example of a responsive layout that would use
> percentage borders? †In my head, I think you'd more often actually
> want a standard border, but have some way to let your other
> percentages respond to it and only calculate from the remaining space.

I donít understand why to justify a use case we have to find examples
(in the wild). If something cannot be done (and produce predictable
results), then no one will use it and there will be no examples. How
are we supposed to find examples to justify something that doesnít yet
exist?

--
cheers,
-ambrose