Re: @important instead of multiple !important

From: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 00:48:00 +0100
To: "Marat Tanalin | tanalin.com" <mtanalin@yandex.ru>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
Also sprach Marat Tanalin | tanalin.com:

 > Writing user stylesheets, we're often forced to add "!important"
 > after value of each property (generally, the proposal should not be
 > limited to user stylesheets though).

Most often it can be avoided. But sometimes not.

 > 	#statusbar-display {
 > 		left:  0 !important;
 > 		right: auto !important;
 > 	}

There used to be !legal as well as !important:

  http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-css1-951209.html#legal

With !legal gone (thank goodness) we should be able to write unambiguously:

  #statusbar-display {
    left:  0 !;
    right: auto !;
  }

Which at, at least, is shorter. But I'm unsure if it's worth the
hassle to change the syntax at this stage.

Cheers,

-h&kon