Re: Forums

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 14:26:46 -0500
To: Matthew Wilcox <elvendil@gmail.com>
CC: www-style@w3.org
On 1/5/12 2:19 PM, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> "To be clear, I absolutely agree on this.  An archive with
> sanerthreading display and whatnot would be a huge step up (and would
> lookmuch like a forum, in fact; one you post to by sending a mail)."
> Seconded. It would address a fair few issues, including making
> thepublic-facing image a lot more friendly. But, to play devils
> advocate:if that makes it much more forum like, why not go the whole
> hog?

If you have a forum setup that accepts posts over e-mail, can distribute
to e-mail subscribers while preserving threading, allows ccs to mail
addresses, and doesn't require a separate login, then there is no reason
to not go with it from my point of view.

None of the forums I have ever experienced do that, though.

-Boris