Re: [css3-text] Re: Orphan control in CSS

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 5:57 AM, Matthew Wilcox <elvendil@gmail.com> wrote:
> Excellent :)
>
> I don't know much about how the internals of CSS work so I can't
> really suggest the mechanism by which it would work, but it certainly
> makes sense that if CSS can detect line-breaks it would need to
> inspect the final line-break of any given phrase and ensure the word
> count in that line matched or exceeded the value given in orphan-word.
>
> I'd expect it to go in css3-text.

We're getting Text 3 to LC soon, so it'd land in Text 4, actually.

I like the idea.  I'm not sure what best to call it, but it seems
useful and easy to understand.

Note that we already have a notion of "words" - they are runs of text
separated by "word separators", defined in Text 3
<http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-text/#word-separator>.