Re: line-height suggestions and easier alignment

On 1/4/12 1:41 PM, "Gérard Talbot" <www-style@gtalbot.org> wrote:

> Le Mer 4 janvier 2012 13:12, Alan Stearns a écrit :
>> Here's another,
>> simpler case. In the code below I'd like to align the text to the top of
>> the
>> line box (as I get when I set line-height to 1em). Vertical-alignment
>> doesn't help,
>
> ... because vertical-align only applies to inline level elements and table
> cells. This bit of info is importantissimo to insert here. :)

Certainly. I did not mean to imply that vertical-alignment should do
something in this case. But you had mentioned that property earlier in this
thread, and I wanted to show how it does not address the need for
determining where the content area is displayed within the line box.

I agree that 10.8 could benefit from more explanatory text and graphics. And
if we do provide additional leading models that specification will need to
clearly show the differences and implications of the new leading models
against the old.

Thanks,

Alan