Re: [CSSWG] Agenda conf call 29-feb-2012

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 11:54 AM, Daniel Glazman
> 4. Normative references to WHATWG html
> --------------------------------------
>
> Tab wants to make a normative reference from css3-images to
> the WHATWG html spec for paint sources. We should discuss
> it. The last 15 minutes of our call will be allocated to this.
>
> See thread starting at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2012Feb/0252.html

I'm not actually making a normative reference, though that wasn't
completely clear from the way I phrased things.  I've rewritten that
paragraph into a note and made it clearer that the reference to HTML
is simply an example of how host languages can extend the set of
things element() matches against.

We can use this time for generic discussion about this issue, if you'd
like, but there's no pressing need.

If we do, we should broaden it to all non-W3C references, like RFCs,
which we definitely refer to in some places.