Re: Proposition. Positioning content with guidelines

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 3:43 PM, François REMY
<fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr> wrote:

> BTW, your solution didn't use media queries, but it is broken since the
> price will end up right-aligned in narrow screen (see attachement). You'll
> still need some mechanism to switch from one layout to another.

No, my solution is correct. Guideline "one" do not repeat.  Spanning
is not alignment like text-align or float, if content is wide and
can't be snapped to the guideline, it placed in flow as usual.

> For your new example, it's not so complex:
>
> #grid { grid-columns: 250px 1fr 250px }; grid-flow; rows; }
> #grid > * { grid-column: 2 }
>
> When the user reorder divs, you can use "transform: translate" while the
> element is moved, and then set "grid-column" to the value of the column
> where the element has been dropped (1 for widget, 1 for main, 2 for info).
> If you want to change the vertical order inside a column, too, you will have
> to change the source order, as specifiecd in "7.5.1 Automatic Grid Item
> Placement Algorithm".

What happened, if response in my sample already have grid declaration?
How can I set specified grid-column? What should I write, if my
Application doesn't know, is complicated answer or not?