Re: [css3-grid-layout] Clarify abspos containing blocks, interaction with 'position'

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 15:31:16 -0800
To: Phil Cupp <pcupp@microsoft.com>
Cc: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 10:47 AM, Phil Cupp <pcupp@microsoft.com> wrote:
>> Overall the interaction with the 'position' property probably needs some thought.
>
> [pcupp] There's nothing in the spec to suggest that positioned children or descendants get special treatment so you won't find these rules written anywhere currently.  Do you think they need to be?  I do see the flexbox editors have added something about it to their spec since I last read through it so maybe so.  Let me know what you think.

It was important for Flexbox because (1) abspos elements become
'block', which would have interfered with flexbox-item wrapping if it
wasn't otherwise specified, and (2) the static position was
non-obvious.

(1) doesn't apply to Grid, but for (2) it would be useful to have an
explicit statement that the placeholder is still affected by the grid
properties.