Re: [css3-grid-layout] Clarify abspos containing blocks, interaction with 'position'

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 15:31:16 -0800
To: Phil Cupp <pcupp@microsoft.com>
Cc: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 10:47 AM, Phil Cupp <pcupp@microsoft.com> wrote:
>> Overall the interaction with the 'position' property probably needs some thought.
> [pcupp] There's nothing in the spec to suggest that positioned children or descendants get special treatment so you won't find these rules written anywhere currently.  Do you think they need to be?  I do see the flexbox editors have added something about it to their spec since I last read through it so maybe so.  Let me know what you think.

It was important for Flexbox because (1) abspos elements become
'block', which would have interfered with flexbox-item wrapping if it
wasn't otherwise specified, and (2) the static position was

(1) doesn't apply to Grid, but for (2) it would be useful to have an
explicit statement that the placeholder is still affected by the grid