Re: [css-multivalued][proposal] Lists as first-class CSS citizens

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 12:19 PM, François REMY
<fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Okay, sorry for late reply, I'm fairly overloaded these days.
>
> I've nothing to change about what I said in the previous mail: variables
> offer poor solution for the list problem, but I recognize they provide a
> solution and they'll probably be the first available solution. I continue to
> support that. However, the following issues makes them higly unpractical:
[snip]

Okay, you've convinced me.  While Variables can solve some cases,
they're not a good general solution.  I'm particularly convinced by
your reasons #1 and #2, and partially by #3/5.

I'm still particularly unhappy about the "order the named things by
sorting their names" part of your proposal, though.