Re: [css3-mediaqueries] Media query "em" example contradicts normative prose

On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 00:20:52 +0100, fantasai
<fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:

>>> rem is not defined in CSS2.1, only in Values and Units level 3, and MQ
>>> does not have a reference to that, so I am not sure I want to mention
>>> rem in MQ.
>>
>> I don't think it's a problem for an informative note, frankly....
>
> It does imply that an MQ implementation would support 'rem', though,
> despite only having a normative reference on the CSS2.1 units, so
> that would have to be called out as an example specifically applying
> to implementations that support both css3-values and MQ.

Right. It can be done, but it would need disclaimers. Since it doesn't
bring much new information, as the same principle applies to em and rem,
I'd rather leave it out. But that's not a very strong preference, so if
a large number of people want it in, I can certainly add it.

  - Florian