Re: wading into the Prefix morass...

From: (wrong string) äper <christoph.paeper@crissov.de>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 09:47:37 +0100
Cc: "www-style@w3.org Style" <www-style@w3.org>
To: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Sylvain Galineau:
> I don't see how such a scheme helps authors. If each vendor supports
> a different stage of a spec they'll still end up with a bunch of prefixed versions of the same thing.

Actually, Web authors shouldnt be using any prefix, except for -draft- maybe.

Browsers, however, could use the other prefixes to allow access to specific states of implementation for testing and usage in controlled environments (i.e. intranets). The draft prefix would be an alias to the most stable or conforming one.