Re: [css3-mediaqueries] Media query "em" example contradicts normative prose

On 02/21/2012 06:46 PM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> On 2/21/12 8:00 AM, Florian Rivoal wrote:
>>> Furthermore, I think it would be good to add an example that shows that
>>> "rem" is also based on the initial value of 'font-size' in media queries.
>>
>> rem is not defined in CSS2.1, only in Values and Units level 3, and MQ
>> does not have a reference to that, so I am not sure I want to mention
>> rem in MQ.
>
> I don't think it's a problem for an informative note, frankly....

It does imply that an MQ implementation would support 'rem', though,
despite only having a normative reference on the CSS2.1 units, so
that would have to be called out as an example specifically applying
to implementations that support both css3-values and MQ.

~fantasai