Re: [css-variables] the new ED for CSS Variables

Hi,

Maybe it's not known that I am one of the two developers who are actively
developing Sass. I understand that the more alike the syntax of CSS is to
the syntax of Sass, then it creates more problems for our users which we
will need to solve. You have my permission to make these headaches for us
if the result is a better CSS -- I don't ever want to hear Sass being used
as an excuse for making sub-optimal syntax decisions. We have the luxury of
being able to provide updates, deprecate syntax and introduce new concepts
at a much faster rate than the CSSWG. I encourage you to make our lives
very hard over the next year or two. We love a challenge. We also very much
want you to see Sass as a proving ground for new concepts so that
stylesheet authors can provide feedback sooner in the specification
process. Please let us know how we can help.

Cheers,
Chris Eppstein