Re: [CSS21] Nested floats and zero-height margin box

Le Ven 17 février 2012 14:56, "Gérard Talbot" a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I am working on the following tests:
>
> http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/float-non-replaced-width-013.html
>
> http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/float-non-replaced-width-014.html
>
> http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/float-non-replaced-width-015.html
>
> http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/float-non-replaced-width-016.html
>
> 1- Are those tests correct? If no, please explain a bit, preferably by
> quoting the relevant chunks of the spec.

A float establishes a new block formatting context for its children (as
stated in section 9.4.1). And the right outer edge of a left-floating box
may not be to the right of the left outer edge of any right-floating box
that is next to it. Analogous rules hold for right-floating elements.
So, the parent float should be as wide as the sum of the width of its
children.

Consider this issue as SOLVED

Gérard