Re: [css3-regions][css3-gcpm] Thoughts on Plan A and Plan B

From: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 08:30:14 -0800
Cc: Stephen Zilles <szilles@adobe.com>, David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>, "www-style@w3.org Style" <www-style@w3.org>
To: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
On Feb 17, 2012, at 7:53 AM, Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com> wrote:

>> Allow a region to be styled with the multicol
>> properties so that the multicol overflow mechanism, adding new
>> columns to the right, can be used to see all the content.
>
> These proposed changes are good.

While I totally agree that we should be able to turn regions into multicol, I find it hard to imagine a complex region layout ever looking good with extra columns growing out of its right side. Also, I think it should be important to be able to have multicol regions somewhere in the middle of the flow, so that content can flow from one multicol region to another, or to multicol regions on multiple pages.