Re: [css3-writing-modes] Intended scenarios of use of text-orientation:upright?

On 02/17/2012 09:30 AM, Daniel Glazman wrote:

>>> Both.
>>
>> I think this is a good question and warrants more than a one word reply.
>
> Yes. Elika, could you detail a bit please?

I don't know what else there is to say. It's use case is for
situations where the default orientation is not what you want,
and you want the text upright.

It's supposed to be useful both per paragraph and per span,
so you can use it to choose upright typesetting for an entire
Japanese paragraph and override to be sideways per span, or
set the paragraph to be sideways and override upright per
span or maybe you're in English and you just want the title
to run down the side of the page with stacked letters, so
you set it on <h1> and float it.

~fantasai