Re: [cssom] Supporting JS properties whose names are CSS property names on CSSDeclaration objects

From: Gérard Talbot <www-style@gtalbot.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 00:32:51 -0500
To: "Boris Zbarsky" <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Cc: "www-style list" <www-style@w3.org>

Le Mer 15 février 2012 15:10, Boris Zbarsky a écrit :

[snipped]

>  Worse yet,
> something like this:
>
>    document.getElementById("something").style.float = "right"
>
> works in Trident and WebKit but not in Presto and Gecko.
>
> Seems to me like this behavior should be either dropped or specified.
> I'm assuming for now that it's intentional and hence chances of the
> former are nil, but please do tell me if I'm wrong.

Boris,

We reported the failure to support cssFloat

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/MSIE7Bugs/CssFloat.html

and then the support for non-compliant styleFloat

http://the-dees.webs.com/iepp1/162-remove-style-float.html

Now, it's all up to Microsoft to behave in a web standards interoperable
manner.

Gérard
PS.I will CC Daniel "the-dees" of this email.
--
CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011

Contributions to CSS 2.1 test suite