Re: [cssom] Supporting JS properties whose names are CSS property names on CSSDeclaration objects

On Wednesday 2012-02-15 15:41 -0800, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 3:03 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> > On 2/15/12 6:00 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> >> The appropriate algorithm is already defines in HTML, and can be
> >> copied for the CSSOM (it's used to convert between data-* attributes
> >> and properties on the dataset object).
> >
> > Except for the float/cssFloat thing, right?
>
> Yup.  (And as far as I can tell, that's the only exception, right?)

Yes, based on what Gecko implements.  (Though I didn't check that
the dash-to-case conversion was correct; I just removed all the
dashes and lowercased everything, and then float/cssFloat was the
only case where there was a difference between what's on
CSS2Properties and the name of the CSS property.)

(I think there are some similar things in the HTML DOM somewhere,
though.)

-David