Re: [css3-grid-layout] Renaming implicitly named lines, reverse grid indices

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 11:36 AM, Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com> wrote:
> [...]

Yeah, we don't use the four values in Flexbox because Flexbox's
properties are relative to the main/cross axis, not the block/inline
axis.  I ended up with start/end because they're short for
"main-start", "cross-end", etc., and those sound better than
"main-before" or the like (and I couldn't come up with a good pair of
unused words, either).  It's unnecessary to use the full names since
the axis is apparent from context in each property.

Grid doesn't have quite as strong of an argument, as its
directionality is indeed defined by the block/inline axis.  Rows are
*always* the inline-axis of the element, and columns are *always* the
block-axis.  As such, it may indeed make sense to use all four
keywords in Grid.