RE: [css3-grid-layout] Renaming auto grid properties

From: Phil Cupp <pcupp@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 19:47:28 +0000
To: Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com>, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
I like flow over add.  I was writing up a response that compared flex-flow to grid-flow... I like the similarity.

Also note that grid-flow: rows currently means search over all the rows in column 1 looking for a spot, then move to column 2 and search all rows and repeat adding new columns as necessary until we find a free spot to place the grid item.  If the name changes so we write grid-auto-add: rows instead, I think the name implies that we will add new rows as necessary so we should be searching columns first.  I prefer to define the direction of the flow so +1 for grid-auto-flow.

The other two property name changes I like.