RE: [css3-grid] [css3-flexbox] Stretch alignment in flexbox and grid

From: Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 04:23:52 +0000
To: Phil Cupp <pcupp@microsoft.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, "Tab Atkins Jr. (jackalmage@gmail.com)" <jackalmage@gmail.com>, "fantasai (fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net)" <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
 From: Phil Cupp
 Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 11:49 AM

 Note I think the same rules should probably apply to flex-pack:
 justify as well, since it seems like another form of stretching.

It is interesting and I think it is a new idea.

Using margin:auto to align in main direction *after* flex algorithm and *before* justify actually makes sense, and it is similar to align. It can be used to align items that reached max-width or have no flexibility. And it makes margins behave consistently in both directions (if of course they do work in cross direction)