Re: [css3-transforms] translate() vs. translate3d()

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 3:15 AM, Christoph Päper
<christoph.paeper@crissov.de> wrote:
> Simon Fraser (2012-02-09 09:00):
>> <http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-transforms/#two-d-transform-functions>
>
> I haven’t cared about the transform (or animation) specs at all. I took a first look at the combined spec right now and I’m wondering:
>
> Why is it
>
>  rotate(α, tx, ty)   or   rotate(α)
>
> but
>
>  rotate3d(x, y, z, α)
>
> i.e. reversed order of angle and origin – or more generally: why are 3D functions not mere extensions of 2D functions with additional z parameters?

Argh, the commas, they kill me.

Please please please remove the comma between tx and ty, so rotate() a
two-arg function.  Then remove the commas between x, y, and z, so
rotate3d() is a three-arg function.