Re: [vendor-prefixes] The system needs to be opt-out, not opt-in

From: François REMY <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 15:01:58 +0100
To: "CSS 3 W3C Group" <www-style@w3.org>
That argument seems very weak to me. They are supporting right now a lot of
properties both "vendor-prefixed" and "unprefixed" as aliases. They don't
have "two" properties at all, they just have one with two names.

- Webkit : <prefixed property is just an alias for unprefixed one, the last
one win>

border-radius: 10px;">abc</div>
10px; -webkit-border-radius: 30px;">abc</div>

- Microsoft : <prefixed property is just an alias for unprefixed one, the
last one win>

- Mozilla : <prefixed property is just an alias for unprefixed one, the last
one win>

border-radius: 10px;">abc</div>
10px; -moz-border-radius: 30px;">abc</div>

- Opera : <?doesn't support aliases?>
I did not find a property supported both using -o- and unprefixed, so I
can't test, here.

Anyway, if they find like having aliases is making the CSS parser slow, this
is good, they will try to remove -beta- and -vendor- variant ASAP, which is
our goal.