[css3-flexbox] containing block for absolutely positioned children of a flexbox

From: Daniel Holbert <dholbert@mozilla.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2012 10:05:29 -0800
To: www-style <www-style@w3.org>
Just wanted to be sure I'm understanding correctly: flexboxes do *not*
act as containing blocks for absolutely-positioned children, correct?
Instead, the flexbox's closest ancestor that is a block will serve that
purpose. (?)

e.,g. if I have

...then my understanding is that the absolutely positioned element is
positioned with respect to div#outer -- *not* with respect to the
flexbox -- since div#outer is the containing block.  Is that right?

Thanks!
~Daniel