Re: [css3-images] Fwd: CSS Gradient Notation

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 17:48:08 +0100
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
I'd like to note that "Nobody needs an understanding of English grammar
to write HTML or JavaScript or CSS, until now" is just a totally
false assertion.

AFAIK, "background" is not a french word, and "gradient" is a "dégradé"
in french, my own language.

We already had this debate long, really long ago in the CSS WG. It is
unfortunate that we have to pick up one human language for our features
but life is not ideal, as you probably know.

I don't see more problems with to() and at() than with

     'bidi-override'
     'background-attachment'
or even  'clip'...

I also remind you our specs are written and released in english,
translations when they exist and they rarely exist being purely
unofficial.

I suggest then rejecting the proposed change if it's only on the
basis of human language.

</Daniel>
--
W3C CSS Working Group, Co-chair