Re: Vendor Prefixes and Generic Prefixes: who shall use which when and why?

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 12:41:11 -0500
To: www-style@w3.org
On 2/7/12 12:06 PM, Christoph Päper wrote:
> Yes, and implementing foreign prefixes is not it in my opinion, especially if nobody knows how it should work better in the future.

I think you would have been right some time ago.  But things at this
point are such that further delay is too harmful.  Again, from my point
of view as an implementor.

>> Given the speed at which this group moves to consensus, this is not acceptable.
>
> Why is it more likely that consensus on the “use foreign prefixes or not” question will form?

Honestly, that consensus only needs to happen between Mozilla, Opera,
and Microsoft.  At least in my opinion.  That's a lot simpler than
getting everyone else on board.

>> If you're proposing that UAs need to wait another N months, N likely greater than 3, …
>
> I’m not. I consider this topic a top priority right now.

OK.

-Boris