Re: [css3-2d-transforms][css3-images] <position> grammar is duplicated or points to the wrong spec

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 4:30 AM, Øyvind Stenhaug <oyvinds@opera.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 02 Feb 2012 18:19:42 +0100, Aryeh Gregor <ayg@aryeh.name> wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 5:23 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> I don't understand how this would accomplish what you want.  Assume
>>> that the font-size was originally 15px, so this resolves to .2em. Then
>>> the element changes to font-size:30px.  This then resolves to .1em,
>>> *not* to 6px like I think you want.  If you were counting on this to
>>> work with inheritance, ems are never inherited - they get computed
>>> into px (this is why line-height can be specified with a <number> as
>>> well).
>>
>> ems are inherited in transforms:
>
> In gradients too (though not in Firefox).

Since gradients are never inherited except through explicit use of the
'inherit' keyword (like transforms), we can almost certainly change
that as well.

The problem is that I haven't defined the computed value of a
gradient.  I clearly need to do so.