Re: [css3-2d-transforms][css3-images] <position> grammar is duplicated or points to the wrong spec

On 01/24/2012 11:17 AM, L. David Baron wrote:
> On Tuesday 2012-01-24 19:03 +0000, Brian Manthos wrote:
>> Tab:
>>> Brian:
>>> Yes, it's currently required by the specs.  I've stated this several times.
>>
>> You might be saying that.  My interpretation of David's comments
>> is that he was saying otherwise.
>
> I don't understand the current calc() spec well enough to comment on
> what it says.

I thought you wrote most of it?

> However, I firmly believe that if Tab's assertion about what it
> currently says is correct (which I believe is at the very least what
> it's trying to say), then the spec is wrong and needs to be fixed.
> I think calc() should not have any discontinuities, i.e., putting
> "calc()" around a valid value shouldn't change its behavior, and
> putting a "+1px" inside a calc() should move change the result by
> 1px.

I think Tab's interpretation is wrong. calc() doesn't say how its
result is computed, it only says how it's typechecked. The spec has
a hole in it in that respect, perhaps, but it's not /wrong/.

~fantasai