Re: [css3-regions] regions forming stacking contexts

On Feb 2, 2012, at 7:41 AM, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 7:25 AM, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Feb 1, 2012, at 11:00 PM, "Robert O'Callahan" <robert@ocallahan.org>
>> wrote:
>>> and in fact CSS/HTML does not allow the same document to be rendered into
>>> multiple <iframe>s at the same time.
>>
>> Huh. I did not know that. It seems like an odd restriction. I can have the
>> same document in multiple windows.
>
> Different uses of the word "same".  You're talking about an
> independent copy of the document.  Robert is talking about literally
> the same document.

I don't understand. The only way the same document could be "rendered into multiple <iframe>s at the same time" is by having two iframes with the identical 'src' attributes. How is that worse that two windows with the identical URLs? And how is the meaning of "same" different in those two situations?