Re: case sensitivity and the OM

On 12/17/12 4:46 PM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> On 12/17/12 4:37 PM, John Daggett wrote:
>> This already happens, this is why <mar[kelvin]> ends up in the DOM as
>> <mark> [1].
>
> Note that this only happens in browsers that are not actually following
> the HTML and DOM spec drafts...

Ah, except fantasai's issue was with things like
createElement("marK").localName == "marK" being false, I guess?

Requiring UAs to always preserve the original case of everything in the
OM is doable, I guess, but it's a lot of wasted memory in the common
case (even if you optimize things some when the name was ASCII-lowercase
to start with; it still adds some overhead for every single declaration...).

Requiring it for only user-provided idents (but not for keywords or
built-in property names or whatnot) is probably more palatable.

-Boris