Re: [mediaqueries4] pointer: coarse and pannable, zoomable viewports

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 11:56 AM, Sylvain Galineau
<sylvaing@microsoft.com> wrote:
> [Florian Rivoal:]
>> This may not be clear from the wording in the spec, but the intent is that
>> the UA would decide between coarse or fine based on the accuracy of the
>> pointer at the native scale.
>
> The UA picks the lowest resolution pointer available, right? A Surface with
> its type cover or a laptop with a touch screen have both coarse and fine pointers.

We've had similar internal discussion, for what to do if you've got a
laptop with both a touchpad (fine) and a touchscreen (coarse).  Our
rough consensus was that the device chooses whichever one it expects
the user to most often use.