Re: [css3-text] Behavior of text-decoration with differing font sizes, subscript, superscript, etc.

On 11/11/2012 03:35 AM, Aryeh Gregor wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 4:18 AM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
>> Please let us know if this is satisfactory or if you have further
>> comments on this issue (including any suggested clarifications to
>> the new prose).
>
> Thanks!  The new text looks like it addresses the basic issue I
> brought up; I'm not qualified to judge whether it best addresses all
> the use-cases, but it's fine for mine.  A few points I didn't
> understand about the spec text:
>
> "overlines (and over-positioned underlines)": "over" is italicized,
> but not linked to anything.  In contrast, in the later text fragment
> "non-alphabetic underlines (and under-positioned overlines)", "under"
> is linked.  Is this an error?  I didn't see where "over-positioned" is
> defined.  'text-underline-position' as defined in the current draft
> doesn't support an 'over' value.
>
> Likewise, the phrase "text-over" on the next line is italicized but
> not linked.  It would be useful to link it to wherever it's defined.
>
> The phrase "under-positioned overlines" links to
> 'text-underline-position', but the prose for that property makes it
> sound like it only affects underlines, not overlines.  Is this
> correct?  What does it mean for an overline to be under-positioned?
>
> (These aren't issues I personally need answers to, I just thought I'd
> point them out once I was reading the spec text anyway.)

Ok, I swapped out from using "text-over" (which will be defined in
css3-linebox, but isn't yet) to just using "over" and pointing at
the definition in Writing Modes.

I also reworded things slightly and linked to the definition of
"text-underline-position: left", which is the part that mentions
lines swapping sides in certain vertical modes.

Let me know if that helps. :)

   http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-text-decor-3/#line-position

~fantasai