Re: [cssom] changes from dom2 style

On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 3:32 AM, Giuseppe Pascale <giuseppep@opera.com>wrote:

> (please keep my address in CC since I'm not subscribed to this list)
>
> This is mostly an editorial comment:
>
> I was comparing DOM2 Style and CSS OM to see the differences.
> And I found that this section
>
> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/cssom/**#changes-from-dom2<http://dev.w3.org/csswg/cssom/#changes-from-dom2>
>
> doesn't tell the full story.
>
> In particular, the following interfaces from DOM2 Style don't appear in
> the spec and are not mentioned in the section above:
>
> DocumentStyle
> CSSValue
> CSSPrimitiveValue
> CSSValueList
> RGBColor
> Rect
> Counter
> ViewCSS
> CSS2Properties
>
> Some of them have been obsoleted and related properties moved to other
> interfaces, There are comments in the spec about it. The same comment could
> be added in the "changes from DOM2" section.
>
> Others are just gone, there are discussions on this list related to them
> and would be probably good to summarize in few words why they were removed
> and list them in the "changes from DOM2" section.
>
> Since I don't follow this group, I'm not sure if any of the above are
> still being discussed (so not included but not excluded either). If so,
> maybe would be worth having a note about that as well.

Thanks for your comment Giuseppe. The CSSOM spec you refer to is an
editorial draft, and not yet complete. The section on differences will
eventually be filled in with details. As for the above DOM-2 types, some of
these have been moved to the additional CSSOM specs: CSSOM View [1] and
CSSOM Values [2].

[1] http://dev.w3.org/csswg/cssom-view/
[2] http://dev.w3.org/csswg/cssom-values/