[css-variables] references to "component value"

From: L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 23:02:24 -0800
To: www-style@w3.org
There are two references to the term "component value" that have
crept back in to the css-variables editor's draft since the last
working draft.  I thought we'd agreed (multiple times, I think) that
this wasn't the approach we were taking.  Instead, we are using
token stream substitution, because it is possible to describe in a
way that can lead to interoperable implementations without
all-but-one of the implementations having to rewrite.

In particular, I'd suggest replacing:
  # A variable can be used in place of any component value in any
  # property on an element.
with:
  # A variable can be used in place of any part of a value in any
  # property on an element.

and replacing:
  # Similarly, you can't build up a single component value where
  # part of it is provided by a variable:
with:
  # Similarly, you can't build up a single token where part of it is
  # provided by a variable:

-David