Re: [css3-value] calc and child selectors

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2012 19:29:13 -0500
To: www-style@w3.org
On 12/1/12 5:35 PM, François REMY wrote:
> The good thing is that you can compute the value of a counter quite
> early. You only need to have the computed value of the 'display' and
> 'counter' propeties of PREVIOUS elements (those should already have been
> computed so when you compute the current element).

Any time you have a statement like that you're enforcing computation on
a single thread.  That's not a good thing...

Also, it's not just compued display, unfortunately; there are conditions
in which computed display is not "none" but used display is in fact "none".

> I'm pretty sure it's possible to substitute the reference by a value at
> computation time (which is required if we want it to be a reference).

I'm pretty sure it's not, if you really mean computed style time.

-Boris