Re: [css-variables] Different syntax for variable definition and use

From: Jens O. Meiert <jens@meiert.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 09:05:40 -0700
To: Brian Kardell <bkardell@gmail.com>
Cc: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, www-style@w3.org
> > > Would something like this satisfy it?
> > >
> > > -x-foo:   25px;
> > > width:    val(-x-foo);

Yes it would. Now the naming is consistent (“-x-foo”, not “var-foo” then “foo”).

> why I think Jens argument is mostly a non-argument.

The above suggests you were able to follow?

I must say I find it a little more difficult to articulate my concerns
here but even with a less polished way of arguing I believe we can
make the spec more usable, which is all that this is about. So thanks
for bearing with me, and hanging in there :)

--
Jens O. Meiert
http://meiert.com/en/