[css3-lists] at-risk counter styles

From: Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 14:31:53 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org
We have this resolution from San Diego:

RESOLVED: Move @counter-style rule and symbols() function to the counter
             styles spec. Retain in that spec the 2.0, 2.1 and the six way
             cjk ideographic split (which is marked at-risk). Move rest of
             counter styles to registry on W3C wiki.

I think the writing accurately reflect what we said at the time, but I'd
like
to request a little variation, if the group agrees.

Some counter styles from 2.0 were not included in 2.1 due to lack of
implementation. We've decided to add them back based on the argument
that implementations have caught up.

This still makes sense to me, but I would like to request that not only
the 6 cjk counters styles, but all counters styles except the ones in
2.1 are marked at risk.

Since the reason for including them is that they have been / are being
implemented, that should not have any impact, but if it turns out that
some of that are actually not being implemented, then the reason for
including them disappears, and at-risk lets us deal with that
quite simply.

If I don't get consensus with this proposal, I can live with the resolution
as it is, but I find it a little bit suboptimal.

  - Florian