Re: [css3-syntax] Thoughts on proposed Syntax module

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 22:45:12 -0700
To: "Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu" <kanghaol@oupeng.com>
Cc: "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>, WWW Style <www-style@w3.org>
On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 4:59 PM, Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu
<kanghaol@oupeng.com> wrote:
> I don't have a strong opinion, but it seems that WebKit is not
> exhibiting this behavior either. Test case:
>
>   data:text/html,<style>body { url(a "); background: green; }</style>
>
> (would be green if this were implemented. Chrome 23 gives white.)
>
> Tab, what test cases did you use?

Um, interesting.  I get green in Chrome 23 when I load it up in live
dom viewer, but white when I load your data url.

Some experimentation shows that it may have something to do with
url-encoding - when I properly encode all the necessary characters, it
shows green as well.

I use the live dom viewer for all my tests, so my results should be
more reliable. ^_^