Re: [css3-exclusions] remove <fill-rule> from "polygon()" syntax

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 19:06:54 -0700
To: Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com>
Cc: Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com>, Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com>, Bear Travis <betravis@adobe.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 5:44 PM, Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com> wrote:
> Also 'inherit' is one of the default keywords that apply to every CSS property and the default value is not 'inherit' but 'nonzero'. Therefore you need to specify the 'fill-rule'/'clip-rule' on the path itself to 'inherit'. If you do that, I assume you are aware that it inherits the value from the parent :).

Note: this has nothing to do with whether a property is inherited or
not.  *No* property uses 'inherit' as its initial value.  Whether a
property inherits or not is a separate aspect of the property.  (The
'inherit' value works regardless of whether the property is inherited
or not.)

However, you're right that 'clip-path' isn't an inherited property, so
Rik's wrong there.