Re: [Syntax Level 3]

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 08:41:58 -0700
To: Brian Kardell <bkardell@gmail.com>
Cc: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 4:34 AM, Brian Kardell <bkardell@gmail.com> wrote:
> !/*really?*/important;
>
> Can't reps from google, ms, etc see if they can verify a single instance of
> this in the wild?  That is just too weird, I don't generally put things
> beyond people, but I just honestly can't imagine someone doing that for
> real...

Pending an investigation by me, I've just made the spec disallow that,
and require the DELIM(!) and IDENT(important) tokens to be immediately
adjacent.  Otherwise I have to add a stack that remembers what was
seen, so I can push them all into the property if I don't eventually
see the IDENT(important) that I expect. :/

This is noted as a difference from CSS2.1 in the list at the end of
the parser, so I'll remember.