Re: [css-compositing] "add" and "subtract" blend modes

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 10:55 AM, Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com> wrote:
> thanks for your feedback!
> Do you feel strongly that these blend modes should be in the first
> specification, or do you think they could wait until the next version?
> Looking at the open source browsers, there is no support under the hood for
> these Photoshop specific blend modes which might slow down implementation.

I may be off-base, but the cross-fade() function in Images 4
<http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css4-images/#cross-fade-function> uses the
'add' PD operator.  Is that the same as the linear-dodge blend mode?
If so, then we have an implementation of it in WebKit.