Re: [css3-text] Styling of text decoration

From: Sebastian Zartner <sebastianzartner@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 08:04:50 +0200
To: "Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu" <kanghaol@oupeng.com>
Cc: Lutz Issler <lutz.issler@systemantics.net>, WWW Style <www-style@w3.org>, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Just to give a little update to this.
Unfortunately text decorations currently just include lines and it
seems people didn't think about more than that yet, which resulted in
things like text-decoration-style and text-underline-position.
Therefore Lutz and I were discussing a way of defining arbitrary
text-decorations lately, which will include the positioning and
dimensions of the decoration differently.

Fantasai posted lately that the current WD will probably the last one
before LC [1], so I hope we could replace these two properties by our
proposal, which will follow soon.

Sebastian

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2012Aug/0396.html