Re: Comment syntax

From: Marat Tanalin | tanalin.com <mtanalin@yandex.ru>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 16:37:49 +0400
To: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: Jens O. Meiert <jens@meiert.com>,"www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
22.08.2012, 10:58, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 11:22 PM, Jens O. Meiert <jens@meiert.com> wrote:
>>  are there any plans to extend CSS’s comment syntax? Like, allowing
>>  one-line comments via e.g. “//”?

> It would also mean that the // combinator we're using for
> table columns wouldn't work. ^_^

Maybe it's time (before it's too late) to reconsider the combinator syntax while it is not implemented yet (once implemented, it would close possibility to introduce handy one-line comment syntax in future at all). Currently, it's quite confusing that C++-style comments (/**/) do work in CSS while C-style comments (//) do not. Introducing one-line comments with another (not C-style one) syntax would probably be even more confusing.