Re: [cssom] .style on CSSFontFaceRule and CSSPageRule should probably not be CSSStyleDeclarations as that interface is currently defined

On 8/21/12 2:21 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> Actually, that seems about right.  Having a common Declaration
> interface for the things that use that seems useful, and then
> subclassing the interface for each individual use lets you specialize
> the list of exposed properties.

If we want a common Declaration interface, should it have
getPropertyPriority on it?  Should it have a "cssText"?  Should it even
talk about "property"?   Should it have a setProperty that takes a
priority argument?

I'm OK with the answer being "yes" to all of those, for backwards compat
reasons, but it seems like having to define the property priority stuff
behavior for various consumers like font-face is a bit annoying.

-Boris