Re: [cssom] serialize a CSS declaration block

From: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 16:07:08 +0800
To: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 2:37 PM, Daniel Glazman <
daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com> wrote:

> Le 21/08/12 05:58, Glenn Adams a écrit :
>
>  [1]
>> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/csswg/**raw-file/tip/cssom/Overview.**
>> html#serialize-a-css-**declaration-block<http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/csswg/raw-file/tip/cssom/Overview.html#serialize-a-css-declaration-block>
>>

> Now there's a question: what's the charset of a CSSOM standardization?
> UTF-8 or the charset defined in the @charset rule is there is one in the
> parent stylesheet?... We certainly need a note about that in the
> document, but that's not specific to CSS declaration's serialization.

In the present context, we are always serializing to a DOMString, which
already implies a particular encoding (UTF-16). I think we don't need to
specify anything further here (and none of the other serialization
procedures mentioned in the existing CSSOM text do so). It wouldn't hurt to
add a general note to this effect near the top of the document to ward off
such questions.