[css3-lists] Is it okay for a marker's 'content' to need used values?

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 10:39:42 -0700
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
Take this simple markup example:

ul {
  list-style-image: url(404);
  list-style-type: square;
}

The marker will be a square glyph.  In the context of ::marker, the
marker's 'content' value is thus "◾".

However, this implies that we can't resolve the 'content' value until
used-value time, because computed values aren't supposed to depend on
network activity, such as figuring out whether a url() points to a
valid image.

Is this okay?  I don't think that 'content' is a used value anywhere
else in CSS.  Does anything depend on 'content' being locked down as a
computed value?  I mean, we probably can't change how markers work,
but we should be aware if there are any problems from this.