Re: Altering HTML attributes using CSS

From: François REMY <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 21:03:47 +0200
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: "Andy Davies" <dajdavies@gmail.com>, "www-style list" <www-style@w3.org>
|  Not necessarily.  HTML/SVG's concept of "presentation attributes" that
|  just set properties at a very low specificity is still fine.

I'm not talking about replacing attributes :-)

With something like what I tink you've in mind, we could have avoided to
merge SVG attributes and CSS properties. Some CSS properties apply only to
SVG elements and should not really have been CSS properties. If we had used
a language whose syntax was similar to CSS to set SVG attributes, this would
have been good, I think. You know, something roughly like <style
type="text/css+svg"> * { stroke-width: 20; } </style>.

This is the aim of your proposal, right? I mean, a CSS language whose
vocaculary would be HTML attributes instead of traditionnal CSS property
names. Or am I missing something?