RE: [css3-animations][bug-14635] animating properties that affect other properties

From: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 23:10:35 +0000
To: Dean Jackson <dino@apple.com>
[Dean Jackson:]

> Apologies for the delay in responding. I think following the existing
> browsers makes perfect sense. I'm not sure why I asked otherwise.

Thanks!

Do you think anything needs to be specified though? Relative font units
are defined [1] to 'refer to the computed font metrics of the element
on which they are used' (or its parent when used in font-size). To the
extent animations are defined to affect computed property values and all
implementations appear to interpret both facts in a compatible manner I
do not think anything needs to be explicitly stated. If you think otherwise,
a proposal is welcome.

[1] http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-values/#font-relative-lengths