Re: [css3-namespace] Empty namespace vs. no namespace.

From: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 11:18:05 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org
Le 12/08/2012 11:05, Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu a écrit :
> I am not an XML expert. Do you have an XML/XHTML example (with an XML
> fragment or perhaps even with DOM API) which can show the difference?
> And which do browsers implement?
>
> In other words, I have no idea how you could create an element with
> namespace name being the empty string.

My point is that I think you can not, in XML. But css3-namespace (if we
read the last sentence of 3.1 as not just about syntax validity) seemed
to hint that there was a difference.

I think I just misunderstood it, and the resolution if your previous
email makes more sense: it’s only about the at-rule being syntaxically
valid; empty namespace and no namespace are the same.

--
Simon Sapin